Legends of E'teal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of E'teal

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Music Discussion
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:56 pm by Jennezia

» General Discussion
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:09 am by Balto

» This or That?
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:59 pm by Balto

» Corrupt a Wish
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:13 am by Balto

» One word story
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 am by Balto

» Your Other Characters
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 am by Balto

» The Den Itself
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:48 am by Askem

» Gateway to the Mainland
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:52 pm by Jennezia

» The Dense Woodland
The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:26 am by Lexer

Remember, our roleplay has a 200 word posting limit! Please use this calculator to add up your text count before posting. At the bottom of your post, please include the word count that that calculator gives you. Thanks!

Top posting users this month
No user
Roleplay

Season

Right now, the season is autumn. Orange, yellow, and red leaves litter the ground of The Forest. Trees are beginning to lose their branches and the sun shines brightly through the canopy. It's hotter than usual, and it has been raining a lot.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:58 am
Info

Intro

You thought that our island was only ever inhabited by wolves. That wolves were here from the beginning. Well, you'd be wrong. May 1840 was when the humans arrived mistakenly at E'teal. They were escaped clockwork ruffians -- those who could only make money but keeping clocks intact. Anyway, there were three of them. One who dedicated himself to working with oak, one who dedicated himself to working with bronze, and one who dedicated himself to working with silver. The woodworker was exceptionally more lawful than his allies. He believed not in thieving fine bronze and silver from other's hard work, but cutting logs of oak from trees himself. You may be wondering where the wolves were from, at this point. Well, these men stole several wolves from the places they were incarcerated in back in their town. The three desired wolves so that they could, at least hopefully, transform themselves into werewolves with the bite. They wanted to create a more 'superior' race of this island. However, when their test failed, they were stranded on the island with a supply of silver, bronze, and oak that they had no use for. Now, they didn't need it to train the wolves. Alas, they set the wolves free and set to getting rid of their supplies. They began building a clock tower. The base was made of carefully logs of wood. There was so much of the oak on E'teal that his allies demanded he build the foundation. So he did. The circle of the clock was forged of bronze, and the hands and numbers were formed of silver. Those wolves that were released -- there were ten of them. Two (Jennezia and Lexer) ran off to the other side of the island to avoid human contact. But let's not get into their story, yet. The other eight went elsewhere. One became king of the others and the wolf population began escalating. Meanwhile, the clock tower was finished and the three lawbreakers had died. However, the king -- Neg -- was now creating a more 'superior' race. A pack of wolves.
Affiliation
LoE

Our Allies

The Den Itself 25dd91db6cc3581cf23e3bf08b5f2c6e
UotM

Jennezia

Jennezia Jennezia, our pack founder, very kindly set aside time to set up this great roleplaying community. // This is just a test. The text will change as soon as a real User of the Month is decided upon.

Lexer

Jennezia Lexer, our pack's cofounder very kindly put aside time to assist in putting together this roleplaying community. Without his help, the website might not have been put up! // This is just a test. The text will change as soon as a real Roleplayer of the Month is decided upon.

The Den Itself

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jennezia
Admin
Jennezia

Rusty Nails :
The Den Itself Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200The Den Itself Right_bar_bleue

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 am

The Den Itself Timber11
The den is a large and glorious hole that leads underground into an array of twisting tunnels. It is believed that humans had carved this cave before wolves decided to inhabit it because every once in a while a trinket is found. Alas, we have no proof to support this theory. The den is where we sleep and where we hold things like pack meetings because it's just so incredibly big.
Back to top Go down
https://eteal.forumotion.com
Palao

Palao

Rusty Nails :
The Den Itself Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The Den Itself Right_bar_bleue

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Palao woke, her head spinning. Where exactly was she? Wherever it was, she was fairly certain that it was no place she had set paw in before. Her memory held a huge blank spot just before her apparent travel to this grassy clearing surrounding a sort of den.
Palao shook her head as if to scatter thoughts from her mind like one might do with an unfortunate spiderweb that they did not see stretching between tree trunks, over their path. She rose slowly to her feet, ears pricked, eyes glittering in the weak light of a coming evening. She raised a paw and gave her pad a lick. It had a shallow callus on it, presumably from scraping it against some sharp bit of stuff, perhaps a branch or a stone. She passed her tongue over her paw again, setting it down upon a soft patch of soil, part of it shielded by sparse grass.
Taking in her surroundings with eyes and ears, Lao sat down again. Perhaps it was safe to stay for a moment. Perhaps nothing would attack her while she rested in the den nearby. Perhaps it was worth taking the chance.
Palao sank onto her knees in the den and rested her muzzle on her paws with a huff of breath. Sleep overtook her mind like a soft black raven's wing that swept over her sight and numbed her thoughts.

Words || 231

Last edited by Jennezia on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding word count)
Back to top Go down
http://warriorcatsfans.forumotion.com/
Askem

Askem

Rusty Nails :
The Den Itself Left_bar_bleue20 / 20020 / 200The Den Itself Right_bar_bleue

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Askem turned over tonight's events as he made is slow way back to the den. It wasn't a long walk, but he chose to make it longer than it needed to be. Jenna and Lexer weren't the only wolves that needed some time alone. He wouldn't let such a petty matter get to him though. Certain things just had to be accepted.

It wasn't long before Askem had made it back to the den and was surprised to see a Calico fem curled up near the mouth of the den. Eager to fill the void that was left from today's troubles, he padded toward this fem, turning on the 'charm.' "What do we have here?" He purred, coaxing the mottled female out of her heavy slumber. He didn't even stop to wonder if she could be potentially dangerous. His guard was down, and he was too lazy to pick it back up. Anyway, if the fem turned out to be a bad seed, he was sure he could handle her. Then again... He ran his eyes over her figure, noting how burly her limbs really were. For a rogue she seemed pretty well fed as well... He forced any unsure thoughts from his head. He was never one to listen to his conscience. Why start now?

Word count: 213
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Rusty Nails :
The Den Itself Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The Den Itself Right_bar_bleue

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:00 pm

“Must. Get. Out. Of. Here” the dusty she wolf sucked in short gasping breath, her lungs burning with each breath of air that she struggled to gulp down. She knew she was in pack territory, and she knew that she had to get out of there. It was only an accident that she was there, she’d been chasing a hare for she was starving, a pathetic excuse to be trespassing she knew but the need for food had been consuming her for days. The prospective meal had gotten away unfortunately and only then had she noticed the scent of other wolves lingering in the air. The rouge had panicked, broken into a run which she kept up now and sought an escape from the realm of others.

Her light paws still thudded frantically on the ground; her pads were cut now on jagged terrain in her carelessness and tender from all the running – But Scout continued on at break-neck speed. Her mind was long since lost to panic and she sprinted senselessly, regardless of where she was going or the toll it was taking on her malnourished physique.

She really wasn’t looking where she was going, so much so that she only noticed her surroundings when the forest opened up in front of her to reveal a clearing where a hollow hill protruded outwards. Two wolves were there conversing, one just awakening from slumber at that and it was the best Scout could do not to crash straight into them. Her legs braced to halt her and her paws shuffled over the earth until she came to an unbalanced stop barely a meter away from them, scuttling backwards fearfully before freezing on the spot. Her breaths rapid as she fought to regain control over the fear that ran through her veins “I-I……” she began to stammer fearfully before giving up on words and simply standing shaking with her muzzle parted in shock
----------
Word Count || 322
----------
Back to top Go down
Palao

Palao

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 pm

The elk that Palao was springing after suddenly skidded and made a strange sound. Lao stopped, startled, when she realized that it was speaking.
"What do we have here?" Palao's eyes shot open, abandoning her dream. A male wolf was standing over her, his tone silky.
Lao sprang to her paws, stopping and gasping when her stiff muscles shrieked with pain. Furious at being caught off guard, the she-wolf stretched out her limbs, glaring up at the male. "Do you mind? I was hunting this delicious-looking elk, and I was going to sink my teeth into it when..."
When... When a new wolf came skidding into the clearing, practically tumbling over them, and skidded to a shaky stop.
Palao turned and shot a glare at the newcomer. "Hey, watch where you're going! You're gonna squash us flat like leaves when you carry on like that, bowling everything over like nobody's business." Lao paused, taking in the newcomer's trembling form and thin fur. She could count every rib through the stranger's pelt. "Not as if you could squash us, considering how thin you are."
Palao's nostrils flared as she took in the scent of both the new wolves. She had to cut the skinny one some slack. The poor she-wolf looked malnourished and starving - definitely not in a good condition to take care of herself for an extended period of time.
_____
Word Count: 226
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Scout remained frozen in senseless fear, her frame tense as she expected some sort of blow from the two wolves she had intruded upon, her clumsy entrance something that most she knew would not tolerate and something her previous pack would have 'disciplined' her for. Her stature changing into her normal posture, with ears pinned back though still darting frantically in fright of every noise and her tail curled around her rear leg, if ever the she wolf was to appear small it was now in her shivering form.

It was the femme that spoke first, bursting into life from her slumbers and glaring at the male who had awoken her. It was next she turned her attention on to Scout, and her strong and muscular physique was enough to intimidate the weaker of the two "Hey, watch where you're going! You're gonna squash us flat like leaves when you carry on like that, bowling everything over like nobody's business." The dusty hued lupa only moved to close her shock parted mawl and swallow nervously, she knew now that she had to speak, but first had to glare at the ground to build her confidence. The earth beneath her paws was stable and unmoving, much more reassuring than looking up to see the fiery eyed fem's expression

The steely grey wolf spoke shakily, her stutter prominent though she tried to keep her voice even around the two fellow canines "I-I'm sorry. P-please forgive me" Scout paused, she didn't know this strangers name so what was she meant to refer to her by, she gulped down another wash of fright and hastily added "Ma'am"

"Not as if you could squash us, considering how thin you are." Scout looked at her own side to see what it was the others would judge her on to see her own dull coat draped on a frame that didn't seem to fit her, her ribs protruding outwards. "It's really that bad, huh?" she grunted to herself, her internal thoughts eerily more calm than those she spoke aloud.

Her skull reverted back around to look in front of her, her muzzle opening as she was about to ask a question before she quickly stole it back "Don't speak unless spoken to!" she hissed to herself irritably, it seemed time alone had let her slip into bad habits that her own birth pack had done their best to rid her of. "They'd be disappointed at you" She forced herself to look and wait for the she wolf to speak again, she'd probably be told to get going and nothing more.

----------
Word Count || 429
----------
Back to top Go down
Askem

Askem

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:21 pm

"Do you mind? I was hunting this delicious-looking elk, and I was going to sink my teeth into it when..."

Askem shook his torso to untense his muscels. "Hate to burst your bubble, but you were dreaming princess." He said with a relazed smile. He pulled his tongue back into his mouth as another wolf barreled toward the group, nearly falling face first into the group. His immidiate reaction was to swoop in to rescue the damsel in distress, but the mottled fem spoke up first.

"Hey, watch where you're going! You're gonna squash us flat like leaves when you carry on like that, bowling everything over like nobody's business... Bla Bla Bla..."

The poor silver femme nearly trembled in fright as the bigger and stronger femme scolded her. Here's my chance. He thought to himself, puffing out his chest and stalking toward the squabble dramatically. "Let's all keep our cool." He warned the obnoxious calico fem before turning toward the submissive other. "Chin up kiddo." She didn't appear to be a kid, but her slight frame reflected one of a juvenile and it seemed an appropriate name for her since he had no other.

Maybe it was time to learn some names. He figured he would start with introductions. He cleared his throat dramatically. "My name's Askem." He announced, looking toward each femme and awaiting for an introduction of her own.

Word Count: 245
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:42 pm

The iron pelted she wolf looked up again with curious amber optics to see another wolf add their voice to the conversation, it was the male this time though and with words that surprised the quaking rouge. "Let's all keep our cool." the multi-hued lupe addressed the mottled fem calmingly , and Scout tilted her head in confusion at the gesture "Is he sticking up for me?" she wondered in shock, looking to the male intrigued as to his reasoning. But surely it was Scout that was in the wrong, it was her own clumsy behaviour that had threatened to bowl over the two other canines.

"Chin up kiddo." Scout paused again, yet further confused. "Me? kiddo?" she queried internally before allowing the tiniest of smiles to show, only the slightest though, a tiny tug at the edge of her mawl at what she though to be a nice comment. It was kind in the she wolfs point of view to be referred to than younger than her actual age. She was small by anyone's standard, and she wouldn't be surprised is there were juveniles out there bigger than her, her derma was misleading as well so it would be easy to misjudge how many summers the dusty pigmented wolf had seen.

"My name's Askem." She nodded and took the information in "Askem... Askem... Ask who?" she repeated until his name was firmly imbedded in her memory, after all she didn't want to forget such a thing and make a fool out of herself. The silence that followed though implied that the female wolves who congregated at the den were expected to speak of their names to. Something that the timid rouge was hesitant to do.

"My... name?" she let the thought muse through her brain, what was she meant to say? 'Scout' was the moniker that she went by presently, a nickname though and nothing more, just like the previous nickname of runt. She preferred the former rather then the latter as you can probably guess. But her real designation? If her parents had ever bothered giving her one it was long lost in the depth of her memory, but she had to give an answer didn't she, if she told the story well enough maybe these two wolves would believe that a word assigned to the wannabe lookout was actually her real name instead of just a title originally given to taunt her with an out of reach stature.

She spoke now with her answer and seeing as it was a single word that took no skills to reiterate her voice was calm "Scout" she quickly realised how out of context that would seem, to some it would look as if she was stating a rank instead of the required answer "T-That's my name" she confirmed, nervous wisps entering her voice again

----------
Word Count || 470
----------
Back to top Go down
Palao

Palao

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:32 pm

"I'm sorry, p-please forgive me... ma'am."

Lao had to take some pity on the terrified she-wolf. She offered the newcomer a muttered something that might have been an apology for her sharp words and accompanied it with a quick nod.

As he began to speak, Palao regarded the male with a narrowed gaze. He seemed to take charge of the situation, promptly asking for names and telling her to cool it.

Asking... Askem. Oh, right. That was his name. Lao's head swung around as the skinny female stammered that her name was Scout.

Scout. Interesting name. Palao gave a curt nod to the others. Neither seemed hostile, so perhaps Palao could expect a peaceful meeting. But how long will it be before one of us attacks somebody? Lao knew that she was being a hypocrite, but she promptly stated her name. "I'm Palao." Askem... Scout... Askem... Scout... The names rolled over in the she-wolf's mind. She wouldn't be the first one to forget somebody else's name.

Lao shifted her weight from paw to paw, waiting for either Scout or Askem to speak. One question that she didn't dare ask remained unanswered: What were they all going to do? Leave and fend for themselves? Stay and band together? Palao's mind whirled. Perhaps it could be done; nobody had presented any desire to hurt anybody else yet. Except for me, maybe... Lao knew how uncooperative she could be, and she wasn't going to deny it. She'd have to change her habits if she were going to have any chance of staying in a united, organized group.

________
Word Count: 259
Back to top Go down
Jennezia
Admin
Jennezia

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:12 pm

The Den Itself Ja210

The wind was no longer violent against Jenne's russet pelt. Instead, it seemed gentle. The whisps of uncouth air seemed to urge her forwards now. So, she listened to the commands. Jennezia kept walking. Her paws patted against the blanket of leaves that rested eternally on the forest floor and the underbrush swayed against her tall legs. The wolf's own short breaths made her muscles tense, she forced herself to keep moving forwards. She couldn't name the force that pulled her apart from the rest of the living. Away from Askem, away from Lexer, away from everything and everyone else. Any other normal wolf would be running circles of joy around Lexer and saying touchy things about 'missing' and 'sadness'. Jenne wasn't like that, though. With Lexer this close, she was more depressed... more miserable. She was more scared. The she-wolf breathed in then with a half-gasp. Lexer's sweet, honey-textured scent was fresh in the breeze. So he was following her. Not the she'd expected him not to. It was just that she was still in the process of getting used to him over again. Having the loyal body of Lexer always at her side. Always. Following her through whatever depths she dared pursue. He'd be there, smiling back at her. And she was expected to smile at him. No matter the severity of the situation; no matter the stupidity of it. No matter how much of their safety was at risk or how injured they were. Because the two were in love, and that was all that mattered. Safety and logic faded at that subject, correct? Jenne paused. She couldn't do this anymore. She couldn't turn over questions and assume details that she didn't know. There was one question that was itching to be asked. That was practically torchering her into being said. She turned to Lexer, her emerald eyes clouded with sorrow and curiosity. "Now that we're alone," she said, with a little bit of anger seeping into her passionate, quiet tone. "Where, exactly, have you been hiding for the last three years?"

Without even waiting for response, she gingerly approached the looming figure named Lexer and sank her coppery maw into his multicolored neck fur. The scent of him rose through her nostrils and blurred her vision. Jenne hadn't realized that she was this tired. Now that she was relaxed... now that she had let out the breath that she didn't know she had been holding... awareness of surroundings began flowing back to her. The soft texture of the familiar material in Lexer's fur was soothing. Jenne pulled away from him. It must have been extremely sudden and extremely awkward for the male, just to stand there and watch the wolf that he may or may not even like anymore rest her head between his shoulders. Jenne just sighed. He probably had realized the obscene amount of times that she seemed to be sighing on staring off into space. But she was remembering. There was nothing weird about remembering, right? "Lexer," She muttered. It had been the second time she'd said his name out loud. Only, this was the first time today she'd said it to address him. The first time she'd said his name when she was actually talking to him. But at this point, his musical name was almost unfamiliar to her. They hadn't talked for three years. Heck, they hadn't even known if one another was still alive. She dreaded being able to say Askem's unusual title without any sense of oddity and Lexer's with an overwhelming sense of wrongness. Was it really true that she now knew Askem longer than she had Lexer? "I don't care if I sound childish, or if I'm making you feel extraordinarily awkward, but I love you. And you are, for the record, the best at Hide 'n' Seek in the history of... ever."

She then turned. There was only a little ways more until they reached the den. The still silence between the two was becoming overwhelming... but when Jenne broke it, something changed. Something changed in her aura and his own. Jenne was no longer alert and trembling. She was now relieved and felt far less burdened. Far for bright. Something had flashed in Lexer's eyes when she addressed him. It was an emotion she no longer recognized, though. A heartfelt emotion. Being accompanied by the shallow Askem for three years had made her entirely too familiar with the facial expression pertaining to 'annoyance' and 'flirtatious'. Both were traits that seemed to to appear in Lexer, however. It was very inconvenient, but no normal character stared at the other's face until they recognized an emotion. She needed to accept the situation and circumstances how they currently were instead of finding loopholes.

Jennezia suddenly came upon the den site. As she'd suspected, there were several unfamiliar wolves here. Actually, most of them were unfamiliar. There was Askem and two others. Both of which were obviously girls. 'I'm Palao,' Jenne heard. A sophisticated and slightly annoyed looking wolf was who was talking. Typical; Askem was around. Not that she disrespected her dear friend. He was just kind of irritating. Anyway, Palao looked mildly spiteful, and that was okay. It was fine for the kid to have a bit of moxie. Besides, there was someone else Jenne's eyes were anchored on. There was a trembling, terrified female who looked so misplaced is was laughable. She walked forwards into the clearing. "My, my Askem. What a gathering you've formed yourself here. I always knew you'd get yourself into standup comedy. Pity you're not too good at it." Jennezia teased. The two had known eachother long enough to be able to take false insults and actually laugh at them. She turned to the hesitating female and offered her a smirk and a wink. Perhaps it'd make her feel better.

Word Count || 974
Back to top Go down
Lexer

Lexer

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:58 am

Lexer treaded over the now dried leaves that littered the earth in a thick, multicolored carpet. Hues of red, brown, and yellow blurred in his peripheral vision, despite the slow progress the pair was making. Lexer hoped there would be more of this now that the pair were united once again. He liked walking. He liked the way she walked.

Suddenly, the femme in front of him stopped. Lexer instinctively allowed his twin pools to sweep over the terrain, scanning the scene before them in case of any sign of danger. He shouldn't have let himself surrender to his thoughts, but it seemed like a dream anyways. Could he have truly found the girl of his dreams? it seemed unreal. Lexer's eyes eventually fell once again, on Jenna. The female had turned herself toward him, her posture displaying that of an interrogator's.

"Now that we're alone,"

Lexer didn't feel alone. He had never felt closer to anyone in his life. He had never felt more fulfilled. He had never been more comfortable. This is what he needed in his future, and if he couldn't have it, there wouldn't be much of a future for him. Of course, Jenna cracked her maw open once more to continue. It was implied that she had something on her mind to begin with, instead of just pointing out that the forest had gone quiet.

"Where, exactly, have you been hiding for the last three years?"

Lexer knew that Jenne was trying to keep things light and joking, but this question somewhat offended him. Hiding? If anything, he had simply quit living. In truth, he didn't have a life without Jenna. She was truly his everything. He had never wanted to hide anything from her. He had never found a reason to. Hiding something from Jenna, would be like hiding something from himself.

While he contemplated his thoughts, unsure if the question was really meant to have an answer, Jenna moved forward, placing her crown over his collar bone. It seemed as if her head fit there perfectly.

Like he was made for her.

It took all of his energy to keep his legs from buckling. She was his kryptonite. He couldn't say anything, though his mind was screaming. She mumbled his name, as if labeling him. Her sudden closeness was not out of fear or sorrow. There was no need to comfort her from what he could tell. He didn't really know what to make of the situation.

The multicolored male folded his ears back, touching the bottom of his jaw line to the back of the femme's crown. The moment was over much too quickly, and Jenna pulled away an inch. Maybe he had done something wrong? Or maybe he hadn't done something right?

"I don't care if I sound childish, or if I'm making you feel extraordinarily awkward, but I love you."

Lexer couldn't make out the next words that exited the femme's maw. "I love you too" his brain begged him to whisper aloud, but he didn't dare speak. Didn't she know he loved her? Was he supposed to say it anyways? The last few hours had been a mess.

And he wouldn't have it any other way.

It was strange how quickly Jenna had recovered. She strolled in front of him once again, like nothing had happened. Maybe nothing had happened, and Lexer was correct after hypothesizing his state of consciousness. If he had been asleep, wouldn't he have woken up by now?

His brain fluttered as they entered the assumed den site. Askem conversed with two new females. Lexer was glad he had found other "prey". He didn't need, nor did he ask for, any possible competition.

Although, Jenna had just made it clear that Askem wouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:17 am

Light weight paws shuffled across the earth, the autumnal carpet rustling slightly as delicate pads brushed against the leafy masses. The soil beneath the decomposing loam was sodden with recent rainfall, that still clung to fallen greenery in droplets, making the floor alive with dazzling hues of amber and russet as the world slowly donned its fall time mask. The air was still humid with moisture from rain and unexpected heat that bore down directly through the naked canopy. The likes of which making the dusty pelted she-wolf restless but sluggish in her movements, her frame swaying as she looked around the den site nervously and her breathing still a little laboured from her run, her sides raising and deflating with long steady movements as she subconsciously fought of the effect of over-exertion.

The mottled fem was next to part her muzzle and enlighten the small group to her name, Palao. But with introductions out of the way Scout felt she knew none of the wolves any better, why were they even still standing there waiting for the silence to be broken "I should have left here by now, I could have run..." Amber orbs flicked skittishly, there were places to run and the she wolf was fast enough to escape, but something kept her glued to the spot. This group, maybe she would be accepted by them to some degree. The rouge had lost hope some time ago that she would be wanted within a pack, but she knew how to work and at the chance of food and safety she would give up her freedom all over again and put herself through life as an Omega just for the basic means to live by. Maybe, just maybe this pack had a place to be filled by a small little wolf who would work hard with little in return, it was possible.

At least the tension had been cleared though, to some extent. The female who had snapped at her had muttered a few inaudible words with a nod of her apex, a gesture that led Scout to believe she was forgiven. There was though only more reason for the ashen fem as two more wolves entered the clearing with an air of confidence that none of the others carried, they held a presence there like they truly belonged, like they had power. "Are they the leaders?" she queried worriedly wondering what there presence now meant. The female of the two talked first, to Askem, with a tone of mockery humour, the two apparently had a history and for the first time Scout could piece together who all the congregation were. The two wolves who had just joined them led the pack while Askem was one of the pack members, but that left Palao who in theory must be a rouge much like the petit fem.

Silence still wrapped its way around the den, an aura of awkwardness radiating from Scout as the need to speak once again weighed her down. But now more wolves had joined the gathering crowd she felt it even harder to address them, her words had been shaky before but now she saw several eyes that could bore into her soul should she trip over her words, she already looked like a shivering fool and her mind was blocking off the possibility of her adding to her humility. She didn't want to speak now, let alone not able to be physically able to stammer out her words.
----------
Word Count || 580
----------
Back to top Go down
Jennezia
Admin
Jennezia

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:04 pm

The Den Itself Ja210

The closeness between Jennezia and Lexer seemed to evaporate quicker per second. Lexer's eyes danced along her neckline and spine but never met her eyes. He didn't speak to her; just watched her. As she spoke he didn't reply. Jenne was overcome with a sudden wave of dizziness. She desperately wanted to know what Lexer was thinking. Did she look like a pup in his eyes? Did he even like her anymore? Jennezia kept walking towards the den, not turning back. Astonishingly, she didn't trip or stumble. Lexer's breathing insisted on pounding at her head, though. An invisible force was urging her to slip a glance at him. Finally she whirled around. His familiar shining eyes looking at her curiously. Not curtly. Not disbelievingly. Simply sweetly. He hadn't respond to anything she had told him. He'd just... stared at her. Jenne let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. The clearing was full of wolves now. She couldn't make a scene now. Jennezia's eyes clouded and she drove them into the natural carpet of leaves that cloaked the ground. She felt more bare than ever, now looking at the closely knitted leaves that always seemed to protect the ground. To stand at its side. Jennezia didn't know about her own personal guard. In her eyes, love wasn't something that could be shrugged off and forgotten. That is was something that lasted forever, tying two together for the rest of each life. But maybe she was wrong. Perhaps a year wasn't long enough to develop whatever they'd had or not had. Maybe Lexer had never really loved her the way she adored him. Maybe it was all a lie that neither of them wanted to admit.

Her gaze sunk into Lexer's mask. He looked so normal. So unaffected. Jenne was overreacting; she knew she was. But it hurt her so badly in her heart to see Lexer's refusal to reply. "Oh." She said out loud. It was properly enunciated but not intended. Maybe she just really embarrassed Lexer beyond the appropriate amount. She looked back towards the main pack quickly. The small female she'd been trying to cheer up still seemed hesitant and terrified. Her form was vigil and her maw was still. It seemed that nobody was talking to her. It pained Jenne to have all of the people she spent her time on turn away from her like she was nothing at all. She crept away from Lexer's side, not bothering to glance back at him. Jennezia approached Askem carefully, offering him a crooked smile and then staring incredulously at the ground. She had to take her mind of her issue with Lexer. Instead of focusing on the... situation, she recounted the names of the wolves in the clearing. Palao, Askem, and a female that hadn't yet revealed her name. Jennezia looked at the untitled, nervous wolf and said "I'm sorry, but I didn't catch your name. If its okay, will you... tell it to me?" She nodded swiftly and then walked towards the center of the 'gathering'. She turned around, offering acknowledgement to each wolf in the clearing -- even Lexer. Jennezia intended to address the current situation of everyone. "Welcome.... everyone." She said. Jenne wasn't one for introductions. Or sounding dominant. She didn't to look like that bossy speech-giving character who made everyones' day miserable. "This is, obviously, a den. But more like The Den. Wait, let me rephrase that. It's a den that me and my.. colleagues call The Den." She knew that she was probably making a fool of herself, standing in front of this decent sized crowd and stuttering over the proper title of a hole in the ground. But Jennezia continued. "Well anyway, I'm Jennezia -- Jenna. You've probably already met Askem. And that," She flicked her tail dismissively towards the male she had deserted in her outburst, "is Lexer." Jennezia sat down, suddenly. Partially because she was emotionally and physically exhausted and partially because she felt as if she were looming over the rest of the canines. "Tell me... why are you here?"

Word Count || 681
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:38 am

Words were spoken softly, sweet tones meant to sooth and reassure. It was the calico she wolf who talked to her and asked of her name again, and it was now she must reply. But the fem was not finished yet, she made her own introductions to the group, calling herself Jennezia or Jenna for short, but Scout knew she would be using the leaders full name out of respect. She also talked of how the immediate vicinities were a den, more precisely their den, referring to themselves as a pack.

Now that the quiet took over again two question hung in the air, one as to why the congregation held so many rouges and what their intentions were and the second as to names. Scout needed to speak now, she truly had to. So why couldn't she? Her nuzzle parted but no sound was made, instead only silence ran across her tongue. She closed her mawl quickly to stop her from standing gawping before she tried again. Nothing. "When did it get this bad!" she hissed to herself, both irritated at her own lack of words and saddened by it. Why was it that she couldn't simply express herself, was she afraid of what the others would think. Too many times had she been scolded for speaking her mind, been humiliated for having her own opinion or cursed at for answering back, but now had it gotten so far that she feared to speak at all. It was one of the lessons from her birth pack she wished to forget, she couldn't agree with it. "Speak, Just speak." she commanded herself, with her small amount of will hitting her hard. "M-my name in S-Scout, I'm l-looking for a pack that w-will accept me"
----------
Word Count || 293
----------
Back to top Go down
Askem

Askem

Rusty Nails :

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:48 am

"My, my Askem. What a gathering you've formed yourself here. I always knew you'd get yourself into standup comedy. Pity you're not too good at it."

Askem flicked an ear at the sound of Jenna's voice and let out a small chuckle before turning his head in her direction, a smirk etched into his face. "Sorry to break it to you my dear, but I am hilarious."  He teased, twisting his head to look at the empty forest as if expecting support from the silent trees. "Its your sense of humor that needs work."  He added as his eyes rested on the vibrant green set of eyes that could never be his.  he shot a quick and discreet look at Lexer before reurning his eyes back to the ground.  His stomach rumbled and he couldn't help but sigh.  He glanced up at the girls.  Fatigue lined their eyes and he was filled with a determintion to provide for his pack andprove his mannly-ness.  Especially now that he wasn't the only male in the group.  He was set on one-uping the competition.  "I should go get us some food." He royally declaired, glancing in the direction he planned to go. "Ladies, don't miss me too much.  I shall return." He huffed arrogantly before gallantly loping into the line of trees.

Word count 239
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Den Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den Itself   The Den Itself I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Den Itself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends of E'teal  :: Roleplay :: The Den-
Jump to: